No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: This sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of New York, Florida, and any US Territories, Commonwealths and Possessions). Participants must be at least twenty-one (21) years old and attending The Community Festival in Los Angeles, CA, on November 5, 2017. Employees of Lyft, Inc. (“Sponsor”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children), household members of those employees, and Lyft affiliated community associates, ambassadors, and contractors are not eligible to enter.
2. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 AM PT and ends at 4:15 PM PT on November 5th, 2017 (“Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: During the Entry Period, participants attending The Community Festival must be physically present at the Lyft Booth and may enter by either a) completing the application process for the first time to be a driver on the Lyft platform (“Driver Applicants”) or b) being an existing driver and referring someone who meets the standard requirements to complete the driver application process on the Lyft platform (“Qualified Referral”). Existing drivers on the Lyft platform may refer up to 10 Qualified Referrals.
Must be Present to Enter: In order to complete an entry, the Driver Applicant or the Qualified Referral must fill out the application form in its entirety by entering in all required information, including consent for DMV and Background Checks. All Driver Applicants and Qualified Referrals must attend and complete the application process at the Community Festival during the Entry Period, including passing the DMV background check. Incomplete applications will not be considered for entry and cannot be considered a Qualified Referral.
Entries: Each Driver Applicant will receive 5 Sweepstakes Entries. Each Qualified Referral approved as a Lyft Driver during the Entry Period will receive 5 Sweepstakes Entries. Existing drivers referring a Qualified Referral will receive 5 Sweepstakes Entries. Driver Applicants and Qualified Referrals will not be eligible to make referrals to receive entries. Entries are per person, and you may not use multiple accounts to enter. Sponsor will disqualify any entrant that attempts to fraudulently enter the sweepstakes by misrepresenting themselves in their driver application. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding.
4. Drawing: On or about 4:30 PM on Sunday, November 5th, 2017, Sponsor will select one (1) grand prize winner in a random drawing of all entries received for the Prize. Sponsor will select an additional four (4) winners in a random drawing of all remaining entries received for the additional prizes. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. Sponsor will call the winners, if the winners are not present. Potential winners will have 24 hours from the time of call to respond and claim prize.
5. Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If the Sponsor does not already have one on file, each potential winner may be required to sign and return to the Sponsor a completed Form W 9 (“W-9”) for tax reporting purposes, in order to claim his/her Prize. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. If the potential winner fails to respond within 24 hours or if the notification is returned as undeliverable or fails to reach the potential winner for any reason, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
6. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a 2017 White Ford Fiesta 4-door Sedan S with standard issued features (approximate retail value is $11,400) from the Santa Monica Ford Lincoln Dealership located at 1230 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 94040 (“the Grand Prize”); one (1) winner will receive a free week’s rental through Hyrecar (valued at approximately $300 USD); and three (3) winners will receive a flat screen color television (valued at approximately $100 each). Total approximate value of all Prizes is $12,350 USD. All details of the Grand Prize, including but not limited to condition of the car, color, options and other features will be determined solely by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner of Grand Prize will be responsible for any and all applicable taxes (including income taxes), costs and fees including, but not limited to, sales tax, title, license and registration fees and any necessary repairs or maintenance. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for procuring any necessary insurance. Grand Prize Winner further acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor will report the value of the Grand Prize on Form 1099 and that Grand Prize Winner shall be responsible for any resulting taxes. The Grand Prize will be provided “AS IS”. Any and all guarantees and warranties for Grand Prize are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturer for any warranty or guarantee claim. Grand Prize is awarded and provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. Sponsor has not made, and will not be responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Grand Prize or any other prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. All winners will be notified at The Community Festival, located at the LA State Historic Park, 1245 N Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012. Any difference in Prize value will not be awarded. Each winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes, license and any and all other fees, costs and expenses not listed above. Any Prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A Prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded, and any difference between approximate and actual Prize value will not be awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute additional prizes (but not the Grand Prize) with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Transportation to and from the Dealership will not be included, unless expressly stated otherwise.
7. License Grant: By entering the Sweepstakes, you grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Entry as-is or as-edited (with or without your name, image and likeness) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation or approval from you.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the Prize(s) at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Santa Monica Ford Lincoln, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Apple and Google and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any Prize, including, but not limited to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) technical errors that may prevent an individual from participating or receiving direct messages related to the Sweepstakes; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of posts; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, or indirect damages. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any Prize, even if the Sweepstakes should so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility and the potential winning Entry has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept alternative evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process.
10. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, except as preempted by FAA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. In the event of any conflict between this provision and the dispute resolution and arbitration agreement in the Lyft Terms of Service https://www.lyft.com/terms, the Lyft Terms of Service shall govern.
11. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Lyft, Inc., 185 Berry Street, Suite 5000, San Francisco, California 94107. The Sweepstakes is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Apple, Google, Santa Monica Ford Lincoln, Hyrecar, and Best Buy.