Lyft is live in Silicon Valley! To celebrate the launch and Lyft’s return to its hometown (fun fact: the company’s first office was in Palo Alto), drivers, passengers and friends of the Lyft community came together at Villa Montalvo in Saratoga for an enchanting launch party that turned out to be the biggest in Lyft history.
Here’s a glimpse of this memorable evening by the numbers:
- More than 2,000 attendees - that’s a lot of fistbumps!
- Nearly 500 #Lyftoff tweets and Lyftstagrams shared
- 7 acrobats, including two contortionists, two stilt walkers and one breath-taking performance by a wheel juggler
- 2 lollipop trees
- More than 700 painted faces, ranging from handle-bar mustaches to floral crowns
- Nearly 100 Lyft rides taken in Silicon Valley on the day of launch
- One huge, pink cake in the shape of the Lyft mustache
Thanks for coming out to celebrate with us, Silicon Valley!