What's so special about Seattle football? The Seahawks are the only team with 12 on the field.
The 12th person is, of course, the voice of the fans. In 2013, the fans emitted the “loudest crowd roar at a sports stadium” ever documented — 137.6 decibels, just 12 decibels below eardrum rupture. Woah.
In honor of the latest #UndercoverLyft video with Richard Sherman, let's go undercover with 12 reasons that the Seattle Seahawks and their fans are the best in the land:
- #12 is a retired number on the Seahawks as a tribute to the fans.
- Seahawks fans are not bandwagon fans — they're True Blue!
- Three earthquakes have happened from fans cheering, now known as Dance Quakes.
- The sheer volume of the Seahawks' deafening home crowd helped force the visiting New York Giants to commit 11 false start penalties back in 2005.
- Since Pete Carroll became coach, the Seahawks have been 1st or 2nd in the league 5 out of 6 times.
- The Seahawks logo is inspired by a transformation mask depicting an eagle from the Kwakwaka’wakw tribe.
- In 2011, a "cocky little corner" joined the Seahawks: Richard Sherman.
- No other NFL team has competed in both an AFC and an NFC championship game.
- The Seahawks have played in back-to-back Super Bowls.
- Richard Sherman, Deshawn Shead, Kam Chancellor, and Earl Thomas make up the Legion of Boom LOB, which quickly earned a reputation for consistently leading the NFL in numerous defensive categories.
- The Seahawks and individual players are committed to volunteering and helping people both locally and nationally.
- It turns out Seahawks players are confident on and off the field rating themselves as top notch, 5 star Lyft drivers. Watch below to see what we mean!
Enjoy $20 credit for new Lyft passengers. Code: TRUEBLUE25