June - San Francisco's favorite month. Sure, December has Christmas and October smells of pumpkin spice, but June is when we celebrate what this city is all about: Pride. San Francisco is no stranger when it comes to embracing the LGBT community and we're not shy about celebrating it either. With so many events kicking off this week, we've put together guide for all things Pride. A Pride Guide, if you will.
Celebrate Your Own Way
- For the SF Techie: 2016 Pride Party @ GitHub HQ
- For the Grill Master: Bi-BQ 2016 @ 19th & Dolores St.
- For the Night Owl: Pride Nightlife @ Cal Academy
- For the Class Clown: SF Gay Pride Comedy Show @ OMG
- For the Philanthropist: The Pink Triangle @ Twin Peaks
- For the Life of the Party: REAL BAD presents REACh SF Pride T-Dance @ Oasis
- For the Pride Enthusiast: SF Pride Parade & Celebration @ Civic Center
Celebrate With Us
Join the Lyft family this weekend at the official San Francisco Pride celebration! We'll have awesome rainbow swag, a team in the parade, and drivers ready to make all the transportation magic happen. And with hundreds of thousands expected to be at the granddaddy of Pride parades, we want to help you get there and home safely and efficiently. Here are few tips to nail Pride travel this year:
- Familiarize yourself with all road closures.
- Walk a few blocks away for the fastest ride.
- With a group? Supersize your ride with a Plus.
- Share a ride and pay even less with Line.
- Trust us to get you home safely.
- Cover the cost by referring your friend.
Win Tickets to the VIP Party
Want to experience Pride in style? We're giving away a pair of tickets for grandstand seating to one lucky winner and a pair of tickets for grandstand seating + access to the VIP Party to one grand prize winner. Simply follow and retweet the contest tweet from our local Twitter handle @Lyft_SF between June 21st and June 22nd. The winners will be announced on Thursday, June 23rd, once the contest has ended. No purchase necessary. Restrictions apply. See full terms here.
So whether you show your Pride dressed in drag or by waving a flag, celebrate each other's differences and remember that we're #BetterTogether. Happy Pride!
P.S. Share all your colorful Pride photos with us by using hashtags #BetterTogether and #LyftSF.
P.P.S. New to Lyft? Use code SFPRIDE for up to $50 of free ride credit!
To keep up with all things Lyft in San Francisco follow our local Twitter handle @Lyft_SF.