Guess what, Seahawks fans?
Richard Sherman is back on the field — the baseball field, that is. It's the 4th annual Richard Sherman Celebrity Softball Game, where a portion of the proceeds go to Richard Sherman's Blanket Coverage Family Foundation as well as other local charities. Sherman founded Blanket Coverage in 2013 to provide students in low-income communities with school supplies and clothing so they can better achieve their goals.
This year's game is destined to be the best yet! Get to know some of the big players before Sunday's event with these fun facts:
- Marshawn Lynch: Lynch has a love of gold. He got his first grill when he was 12 years old and was proud to be the only kid in junior high with a real golden tooth.
- Clint Dempsey: Dempsey played in two soccer matches with a broken jaw.
- Zach Levine: Levine won the All-Star Slam Dunk competition two years in a row.
- Sage Steele: Steele drove the pace car for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Brickyard 400 in 2013.
- Jermaine Kearse: Kearse is a Star Wars fan.
- Kam Chancellor: Chancellor's nicknames are “Bam Bam Kam” and “Kamtrak." “Bam Bam” has been interpreted a few different ways, including that it could refer to the baby character from The Flintstones or the former wrestler “Bam Bam” Bigelow. Kamtrak is a play off of “Amtrak,” the railroad company — meaning Chancellor hits like a train coming.
- Paul George: George once ranked as one of the "Top 16 Most Entertaining Players in College Basketball" by Sports Illustrated.
- Isaiah Thomas: Thomas was named after Detroit Hall of Fame point guard Isiah Thomas because his father lost a bet.
- Deion Sanders: Sanders is the only player to ever get a reception and an interception while playing in the Super Bowl.
You can check back here every day to see which players have been added!
Going to the game? New users get a free ride with code RS25. We'll see you there!
Stay up-to-date on Seattle events like these by following @lyft_SEA on Twitter.