New York City has an abundance of activities and events all year round. This week we're focusing on the beautiful Rockaway Beach and the top attractions not to miss around the area.
1. Fort Tilden Beach - Escape the crowds and head to Far Rockaway! With its historic past, this beach is great for history buffs and those who want to catch some rays. MoMA PS1 will also be having an outdoor art installation till November 30th, so there's plenty to check out!
2. Playland Motel - Don't be fooled by the name; this hipster joint reminds us of the perfect Airbnb room. Playland Motel is great for those who need a getaway without leaving the city. Their restaurant, Playland Grill, serves innovative cocktails and is a short walk away from the beach.
3. Riis Park Beach Bazaar - This bazaar offers everything you need for the perfect weekend. The Riiss Park Beach Bazaar offers artists, food and drinks as well as vendors on their boardwalk. Check out their site for updates on daily events.
4. Tacoway Beach - Tacos and the beach: a match made in heaven. The interior of this shop is filled with surfboards and surf relics, and it's a great place to grab a bite after catching rays at the beach.
5. Rockaway Beach Surf Shop - One of the oldest and largest surf shops in NYC, this is your go-to shop for all things surf related. You'll be able to catch the best waves and look good doing it too.
What're your favorite Rockaway Beach gems? Let us know by tweeting to us at @lyft_NYC!