Starting this week, Cupid’s arrows will be all over Portland, and we want to help spread the love! We’re teaming up with our friends at Quin Candy to make our riders' Valentine's Days even sweeter. Select Lyft cars will be decked out for the holiday, complete with Quin's Dreams Come Chew candies (our favorite), Valentine’s cards (a la elementary school) for passengers to give to a loved one, friend or best gal pal, and hearts decor galore. Simply hit "Request Lyft" February 13-14 for the chance to get a ride in one of these Valentine's Day chariots.
Unfamiliar with Quin? We were first introduced to them back in 2014, and it’s been love ever since. Based here in Portland, Ore., Quin never uses fake ingredients in their candy—resulting in better flavors that you notice after your very first bite. We’re excited to share their delicious concoctions with our Portland passengers during this holiday of love!
But where should you take Lyft on Valentine's Day, you may ask? We’ve tallied the top Lyft Valentine’s destinations from 2016 to give you some inspiration.
1. Moda Center - Couples & singles alike decided to spend part of their 2016 Valentine’s Day cheering on our Trailblazers! This year, there is a Blazers vs. Hawks game on February 13th. We expect to see all of you Blazers-loving couples and friends there!
2. White Owl Social Club - Lovebirds flocked to the always popular White Owl to enjoy some quality adult beverages, great music, and an evening of dancing. If you're looking for a fun night out on the town, either with friends or with that special someone, White Owl is the place for you.
3. OMSI - Big crowds and candlelit dinners not your thing? Our passengers loved spending their Valentine's learning something new at OMSI in 2016! This year, the museum's hosting a special viewing of the Princess Bride, where goers will experience the film through aroma, texture, and taste. We recommend this for anyone who loves yummy food and The Princess Bride (so, everyone).
4. Portland Night Market - The night market was filled with Portlanders celebrating Valentine’s Day with local food, culture, and a few of Cupid’s arrows. This year, the Night Market is on February 10th, from 4 - 11 PM. Head that way if you're feeling like a crafty, inspiring Valentine's Day.
5. The Nines - Whether riders were booking a romantic suite, savoring the view from Departure, or enjoying a steak from Urban Farmer, The Nines was a very hot V-Day spot. We expect to see the same this year, with all of the amazing packages they're running.
Whatever your Valentine’s needs, Lyft will get you there. You worry about the reservations, last-minute gifts, and picking the right box of candies — we’ve got the driving covered.