We may not be Dublin or have the Blarney Stone, but Portland’s Irish pride and St. Patrick’s Day celebrations are legendary. Can’t decide between Celtic music, Irish dancing, Gaelic games, or just really delicious green (not salad, don’t worry) food?
We’ve compiled a list of Lyft's most visited Portland St. Paddy’s spots from 2016 to help inspire your plans this year! Stop by one or two of these places, and you're sure to have an O’Reilly great time.
- Kells on SW 2nd - Last year Portlanders flocked to this iconic Irish bar to kickoff their St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. This year, they will be hosting their 26th annual three-day Irish Festival. This huge celebration will have live music, dancing, Golden Glove boxers, and fun for the whole family. Even better, the Lyft team will be there to make sure you get a safe ride after the festivities. Quick PSA from both Kells and Lyft - "wet your shamrock, don’t drown it.”
- Paddy’s Bar & Grill - In 2016, Paddy’s had their biggest festival yet, and you bet your four leaf clover this year will be better. Grab your coins because Paddy’s St. Patrick’s Festival will be a tented street party complete with Killbegan Irish Whiskey, corned beef, and a chance to win a trip to Ireland!
- Kells Brew Pub on NW 21st - Like last year, there will be a *slightly* tamer three-day beer festival going on at Kells' 21st location. Attendees can enjoy special Irish beers from around the world, Irish wolfhounds, and Celtic art. Cheers!
- Portland Timbers - Remember the epic Timbers vs. Salt Lake St. Paddy’s match last year? It’s Timbers vs. Houston this Saturday! If you need a break from the Irish step dancing and Guinness, head to Providence Park for a home match celebration. #RCTID
- Oregon Convention Center - All the magic and mischief of LepreCon 2016 is back this weekend! The 8 hour moving costume dance festival starts at OCC and works it’s way all over downtown Portland.
- VooDoo Doughnuts - Last year (and probably ever year before that), herds of people dressed in green garb headed to VooDoo to get their late-night sugar fix. This year, VooDoo doughnuts will have their yearly assortment of eclectic leprechaun, rainbow, and who-knows-what-else treats. Buy a dozen to make the line worth it?
Grab your bagpipes, and head to one of these St. Paddy’s festivities. With a little Irish luck, you may just find a pot o’ gold at the end of a Rose City rainbow!