Small Business Saturday, celebrated the Saturday after Thanksgiving, is a time to shop locally and support the millions of small businesses across the U.S. that employ so many and contribute greatly to the growth of the nation’s economy.
This year, we’re sharing five surprising ways that small businesses are leveraging Lyft’s technology to take better care of their customers, patients and employees.
1) The drive to succeed — Specialty automotive shops and dealerships are leveraging Lyft Concierge, our web request product that allows partners to request rides for their customers. With this technology, our small business partners are able to easily arrange drop-offs and pickups, thereby minimizing wait times and quickly getting their customers back out on the road.
2) Service with a smile — Boutique hotels use Lyft to get hotel guests to the airport or another preloaded destination. Rides can be requested right from Lyft Concierge’s desktop interface and can be scheduled hours or even days in advance. Guests receive text messages with complete details and even an automatic notification when the Lyft driver arrives.
3) An appetizing arrangement — Restaurants are using Lyft as an incentive for diners, offering groups that spend above a specified dollar amount free transportation home. Other eating establishments, such as La Caille, a high-end Country French restaurant outside of Salt Lake City in Sandy, Utah — arrange rides to and from participating hotels in downtown Salt Lake.
In addition, restaurants, bars and even well-known San Francisco-based ice cream maker, Humphry Slocombe, rely on Lyft Concierge service to ensure that employees who work past the time that public transportation has stopped running can get home safely. These businesses work with Lyft to offer employees credits for rides that are only available after a specific hour, such as midnight or 1 a.m.
4) Rising above its competitors — A San Diego-based helicopter tour operator, Rotor Zen, is flying high thanks to its decision to use Lyft Concierge to quickly and conveniently get guests from whatever hotel or vacation rental they’re staying in to the helicopter company’s departure point near the San Diego airport — and drop them off after the tour is over. It’s a Lyft to a lift!
5) Just what the doctor ordered — Last, but certainly not least, many doctor’s offices and other medical practices are addressing what has been a long-term challenge for healthcare providers: ensuring that patients show up for their appointments as scheduled.
One of the most common reasons that patients fail to keep appointments is simply due to being unable to get to the office. A medical practice that operates four imaging centers in metro areas on the East Coast, uses Lyft for pickups and drop-offs for individuals scheduled to undergo magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies — to ensure that these expensive diagnostic devices do not sit idle because of missed appointments.
For more information on how you can harness the power of Lyft’s nationwide network of drivers and transportation management tools, please visit: https://www.lyft.com/business.