Stressing about making ends meet this holiday season? Or maybe you’d just like a little extra cash for the perfect present? If the thought of giving gifts this year is making you feel less than jolly, you’re in luck: there are plenty of ways for even the busiest elf to make a little extra money on the side.
1. Turn your car into a money-making machine. If you’re at least 21 and own a smartphone, you can get paid serious cash — up to $35 an hour — to drive with Lyft. Because there are no set hours, you can drive when you want, like after work or on weekends. You’ll also keep 100% of the tips you make. Don’t have a car? If you’re in one of these cities, you can rent one through Lyft’s Express Drive program.
Sign up to drive using this link to kick-start your earnings with a $500 bonus:
2. Sell your old stuff. Forget garage sales. With apps like OfferUp, Poshmark, and letgo, you can sell anything from electronics to furniture to those hideous socks your estranged aunt gave you last year. We won’t tell if you won’t.
3. Do work you love (and get paid for it). Thanks to sites like Fiverr, freelancing has never been easier. Fiverr matches people with skills in graphic design, social media, music production, and more with people or companies looking for help with tasks and services. Tasks start at $5 and can add up quickly as you build your online profile.
4. Take care of a furry friend. Lots of people travel during the holidays, meaning lots of pet owners are looking for help. With DogVacay, you can sign up to pet sit in your own home, or the owner’s, while they’re away. If dog walking is more your style, Wag! pays you to spend time outside with pooches in your local community.
5. Watch videos for money. We live in a weird, weird world, where you can actually get paid to watch videos, take online surveys, and search the web. Swagbucks is a site that gives you free gift cards to popular retailers for completing tasks.
Here’s to a holiday with a little less stress and a little more good cheer!