From saving up for that dream vacation to just connecting with your city, the reasons you choose to drive and ride with Lyft are as unique as you are. We’re celebrating drivers and passengers from the Lyft community by sharing their reasons for choosing Lyft. Head to WhyILyft.com to see more stories, and to share your own.
As a mom and student, Atlanta resident Akilah has a jam-packed schedule. When she decided to look for work, Lyft’s flexibility was just what she needed. Now she drives between classes at her cosmetology school, and is just one semester away from graduating. “I couldn’t have afforded school without Lyft,” she says.
According to Akilah, what keeps her driving each day is the unique relationship between drivers and passengers. “It’s a blessing both ways: you get to take care of your family through driving, and your passengers get a safe ride home. My passengers are so always grateful when I pick them up, which is funny because I’m grateful for them!”
If you’re lucky enough to be one of Akilah’s passengers, she’ll give you the scoop on Atlanta’s best local gems. She shared with us her top ten summertime activities in the ATL:
- Try samples from Coke products from around the globe at World Of Coca-Cola.
- Soak up some bohemian vibes in the hip district of Little Five Points.
- Kick back with a cold one at Summer Beer Fest 2015.
- Catch a Braves Game! The fans are unlike any other.
- Ride the Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia.
- Learn a little cinematic history at Atlanta Movie Tours.
- Get up close and personal with whale sharks at the Georgia Aquarium.
- Grab your bathing suit and head to Six Flags White Water.
- Speed your way through Andretti Indoor Karting & Games.
- Go see the giant pandas at Zoo Atlanta.