In order to continue building the best community and platform for Lyft drivers and passengers, we've also been hard at work building out an all-star executive team. Today, we're thrilled to welcome Rex Tibbens to Lyft as our new Chief Operating Officer. Throughout Rex’s career, he has united humanity and technology to elevate everyday experiences, and he shares our vision to reconnect communities through better transportation.
Rex joins Lyft from Amazon.com, where he was Vice President, Amazon Logistics North America and brought the world many products we love and use every day. Most recently, he led the infrastructure rollout for Prime Now, Amazon’s one-hour delivery service. He also launched Global Kindle Services as well as its first-of-its-kind customer service platform, MayDay. Prior to Amazon, Rex led large strategic operations teams at both Dell and Toyota. He is a natural fit to oversee global operations at Lyft, where he will help scale Lyft’s overall operations, expand customer support, and develop new innovations for the driver and passenger experience.
Rex is one of six world-class executives that have joined Lyft in the last six months. The Lyft leadership team brings diverse backgrounds and experience from Google, Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Virgin America and more:
- COO Rex Tibbens: Amazon, Dell and Toyota
- CFO Brian Roberts: Microsoft and Walmart
- CMO Kira Wampler: Intuit and Trulia
- VP Product Tali Rapaport: Groupon
- VP Engineering Peter Morelli: Twitter
- VP Partnerships Oliver Hsiang: Google and LinkedIn
- In addition to existing executives including CTO Chris Lambert (Google), Creative Director Jesse McMillin (Virgin America), VP Data Science Chris Pouliot (Netflix), VP People Ron Storn (Facebook), VP Government Relations David Estrada (GoogleX), and General Counsel Kristin Sverchek (Zimride).
We're still hiring, and hope you’ll join us on the exciting journey ahead.
John and Logan