Competitive powerlifter Daniel didn’t just start driving with Lyft for the aptly-fitting name. “I’m on the USA Powerlifting team and need a flexible schedule to train and travel for competitions,” the Denver resident says. “Lyft allows me to do that. Plus, I’m a social person and a night owl — so it’s a great fit.”
Driving is a treat for Daniel. “It’s an opportunity to help the community,” he says. “I like knowing I’m helping people get to where they need to go, safely.”
When he’s not driving around Denver or defending his national titles, you can find him enjoying the Colorado summer. Here are a few of his recommendations:
- Watch a futuristic flick at the Sci-Fi Film Series, hosted by the Denver Museum of Nature & Science and the Denver Film Society.
- Swim with sharks at the Denver Aquarium.
- Enjoy local musicians at B-Side Music Fridays.
- Catch a play at the Colorado Shakespeare Festival.
- Explore the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs.
- Soak up a summer concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
- Get a dose of culture at the Denver Art Museum.
- Go back in time at the Colorado Renaissance Festival.
- Make-believe at the “Mythic Creatures” exhibit in the Denver Science Museum.
- Grab your camera and head to the Denver Botanic Gardens.