From saving up for that dream vacation to just connecting with your city, the reasons you choose to drive and ride with Lyft are as unique as you are. We’re celebrating drivers and passengers from the Lyft community by sharing their reasons for choosing Lyft. Head to WhyILyft.com to see more stories, and to share your own.
As one of LA’s earliest Lyft drivers, Brandon’s seen it all — and loves it. “You get to meet so many types of people, all with their own story,” he says. Brandon originally joined Lyft to make some extra cash in between acting jobs, but the money quickly became secondary for him. “I realized I wanted to drive just because I kept meeting really cool people.”
His favorite passenger? Surprisingly, out of all of the personalities he’s met through driving in LA, it wasn’t a celebrity he named. “Once I was giving this guy a ride to the beach,” he says. “We started talking and we just bonded. He invited me out for lunch, and we ended up hanging out for the day like we’d been friends for years. It was such an unexpected and cool experience.”
Whether you’re headed to the beach or looking for something new, Brandon’s full of suggestions. Here are his top tips for enjoying a summer in LA:
- Go hiking at Runyon Canyon.
- Bowl at the iconic Lucky Strike.
- Don’t miss the Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival in August.
- Take a stroll down Santa Monica Pier.
- Visit Disneyland, of course!
- Spend an evening at the outdoor movies in the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
- Kick it old school and go skating at the Moonlight Rollerway.
- Take an afternoon to go shopping at The Grove.
- Go ahead — be a tourist and take in the sights of Hollywood.
- Enjoy a concert at the Hollywood Bowl.