From saving up for that dream vacation to just connecting with your city, the reasons you choose to drive and ride with Lyft are as unique as you are. We’re celebrating drivers and passengers from the Lyft community by sharing their reasons for choosing Lyft. Head to WhyILyft.com to see more stories, and to share your own.
Nashville’s known for its music scene, and it’s one Lyft driver’s mission to make sure you hear the best of it. Meet Aubryn, Tennessee musician and founder of IndieLyft.
Aubryn’s always had a passion for connecting people to talented artists, so when she started driving with Lyft, she had a bright idea. “I started playing songs from different bands in my car, then have my passengers vote for their favorite,” she says. She documents a new round of voting on her blog each week. “Passengers really have fun with it, and the musicians love the exposure.”
Besides bringing indie music to the masses, Aubryn’s favorite part of driving with Lyft is meeting people. “I once had a passenger stop me because she saw a car stuck on the side of the road,” she says. “We got out and helped pushed it into a driveway. These people, they make my faith in humanity go up!”
As a founding driver in Nashville, Aubryn’s become an expert on the local scene. She took a moment to tell us her favorite tips for a summer in Music City:
- Hit Marché for the best brunch and mimosas in the city.
- Head to The Frist Center for the Visual Arts to gaze at world-class galleries.
- Rent a bike through B-cycle and take it for a spin. It’s a cheap and fun way to see the city.
- Pharmacy Burger's homemade sodas can’t be beat.
- If you’re feeling outdoorsy, take a stroll around the trails of Radnor Lake.
- Arrington Vineyards is the place to go to relax with wine, cheese, and music.
- Venture over to the Greenhouse Bar, which is exactly what it sounds like—a super cool bar in a greenhouse!
- The Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art has beautiful flowers, and there’s always a fun event going on.
- You’ll find the best pizza in town at Mafiaoza's, where they have two-for-one slices and beer on Tuesdays.
- Cool off with a scoop of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams.