From saving up for that dream vacation to just connecting with your city, the reasons you choose to drive and ride with Lyft are as unique as you are. We’re celebrating drivers and passengers from the Lyft community by sharing their reasons for choosing Lyft. Head to WhyILyft.com to see more stories, and to share your own.
According to Tari, every Lyft passenger who steps into her ‘08 Prius comes with a story. As a Lyft driver in Philadelphia, Tari’s passengers span from college students to young professionals, from boxers to artists — a slice of everything Philadelphia has to offer.
Tari started driving with Lyft to earn extra money, but driving became a passion because of the one-of-a-kind interactions she’s had with passengers along the way. One of her most memorable rides came in the form of a reunion with a high school classmate. They had been in musicals together, and spent the ride blasting music and reminiscing in a McDonald's drive thru until the early morning hours.
To have a summer as full of stories as Tari’s Lyft rides, look no further than her top ten tips for having a magical Philly summer.
- Treat your tastebuds by picking up the freshest bites in the city at Rittenhouse Farmer's Market.
- No summer in Philly is complete without a visit to the Philadelphia Zoo.
- Dance the day away with your favorite bands at the Made in America festival.
- Cool off with a harbor breeze and gorgeous views and you stroll through Spruce Street Harbor.
- Grab a seat and enjoy the people watching at Kelly Drive.
- Pork sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches never tasted as good as they do at Reading Terminal Market. Come hungry!
- Cool off on those hot summer nights with a water ice from Philly Flavors.
- Endless crab Tuesdays at Warmdaddy's. Enough said.
- Take that special someone out for a date night at the Clay Studio.
- You’ll never go hungry eating at the restaurants at the Piazza. Try them all!