From saving up for that dream vacation to just connecting with your city, the reasons you choose to drive and ride with Lyft are as unique as you are. We’re celebrating drivers and passengers from the Lyft community by sharing their reasons for choosing Lyft. Head to WhyILyft.com to see more stories, and to share your own.
Last year, Phoenix resident Mia found herself stranded in a Florida airport. “My friend was supposed to pick me up but she bailed, so thankfully someone told me to use Lyft,” she says. “I’ve been using it ever since.” After becoming a regular passenger, Mia decided to sign up as a driver. She’s since been able to quit her full-time job to focus on her photography business, where she takes photos for commercial and residential properties.
Driving with Lyft lets Mia focus on her passions, and has also been an unexpected support system. “Believe it or not, my [Lyft driver] mentor and I actually became best friends! I’m friends with a lot of other drivers, too, through meetups. It’s nice to be a part of a community that really supports and looks out for one another.”
When Mia’s not hanging out with friends or taking photos, you’ll find her trying to escape the Phoenix heat. Here are her tips for staying cool this summer:
- Visit Talking Stick Resort & Casino.
- Downtown Phoenix has fantastic locally-owned restaurants to relax at with friends and family.
- The Arizona Science Center is fun for all ages.
- Go to the movies and enjoy the A/C!
- Check out the Phoenix Art Museum.
- If you have little ones, the Children’s Museum of Phoenix can’t be beat.
- The Phoenix area is home to several resorts. Take your pick and make it a staycation!
- Many times hotels have pool parties on Sundays. Grab your suit and take a dip.
- Take a day trip “up north” to Flagstaff.
- No matter where you are, be smart about the heat! Stay hydrated and limit your time in the sun.