From saving up for that dream vacation to just connecting with your city, the reasons you choose to drive and ride with Lyft are as unique as you are. We’re celebrating drivers and passengers from the Lyft community by sharing their reasons for choosing Lyft. Head to WhyILyft.com to see more stories, and to share your own.
When it comes to having a good time, Jenn knows a thing or two — or twenty. This San Francisco native documents her adventures through the city in what she calls “Lyft Line Diaries”: a collection of posts about the incredible connections she’s made in Lyft rides.
Jenn started using Lyft in 2013 as an alternative to driving her car on the weekends. She’s been riding with Lyft ever since, and says connecting with others is her favorite part. “No matter what city I’m in, I feel like a part of the community,” she says. “When I was in Seattle last year, I used Lyft to get around and got great travel recommendations from one driver, who even pointed out a cool landmark that I hadn’t even thought of visiting.”
For those looking to maximize summer fun this year, here are Jenn’s recommendations:
- Eat your way through the farmers markets or food trucks all over the city. A few standbys: The Ferry Building Farmers Market on Saturdays, and the Clement Street Farmers Market on Sundays. Summer = stone fruit season...or beer with Korean tacos season.
- Wine tasting in Napa, Sonoma, or Healdsburg with a group of friends or a hot date. Enough said.
- Do a hilltop picnic tour. Hilltop views for your visual feast: Bernal Heights Park, Sutro Baths, Corona Heights Park, Grand View Park, Coit Tower, Twin Peaks.
- Intently seek adventure! San Francisco is full of gems in different neighborhoods. You just have to venture out of your normal zones and open your eyes to what the city offers.
- Find a cool music venue and dance your butt off to the beats. Lather, rinse, repeat.
- Check out the summer festival calendar. Summer brings the Fillmore Jazz Festival, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, Stern Grove Festival, and Outside Lands. There are lots of free options — look up FunCheap SF for more.
- Always bring a jacket, even if it’s sunny and 70 degrees outside. Karl the Fog’s embrace will get chilly when the sun goes down.
- Remember that when it is cold here, warm sunshine is actually within reach! Oakland is just across the Bay Bridge, and Marin is just across the Golden Gate Bridge. Living in SF means you’re surrounded by options for a day trip, just minutes away. You can walk or run across the bridge into Sausalito, and then catch the ferry or a Lyft back.
- Apply sunscreen!
- Last but certainly not least, remember that life is too short to waste away being ordinary. Find the extraordinary and make every day count. Pick a summer anthem and have it give you good vibes all day. Cheers!