For San Jose driver Michelle, helping people who otherwise wouldn’t have a safe ride home in the city where she was born and raised is just one of the reasons she drives with Lyft. But the real secret, as Michelle will tell you, is that she’s a compulsive cruiser. She’s able to use the money she makes from driving with Lyft to pay for her summer vacation cruises.
Even if your summer vacation doesn’t include an adventure at sea, take these tips from Michelle, and your summer in San Jose will still be as magical as ever.
- Start your day with the best breakfast burrito in town at Café Rosalina.
- Cultures collide at San Jose Flea market — mix and mingle, and maybe even come away with amazing new purchases.
- Enjoy the beauty and tranquility at Plaza de Cesar Chavez and you might even catch live music too!
- And if you find yourself in a food coma, grab a seat and simply sit and relax in the Japanese Friendship Garden.
- Catch a live band at San Pedro Market/Square on Friday night. Bonus: there’s a variety of places to eat to delight your tastebuds.
- Or if live comedy’s more your thing, laugh it off at San Jose Improv Club.
- Take a stroll and window shop around the Willow Glen area.
- Grab your friends and bring your chairs and blankets, and head out for a drive-in movie.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth the fresh and natural way with C.J. Olson Cherries in Sunnyvale.
- Or, you know, the less natural (but oh-so-tasty) way, at CREAM Inc. in downtown San Jose.