From saving up for that dream vacation to just connecting with your city, the reasons you choose to drive and ride with Lyft are as unique as you are. We’re celebrating drivers and passengers from the Lyft community by sharing their reasons for choosing Lyft. Head to WhyILyft.com to see more stories, and to share your own.
What drives Seattle driver Lamont? The promise of adventure. “I just want to travel as much as I can, and see as much as I can.” He started making his dream a reality nearly two years ago, when he signed up to drive with Lyft. His driver earnings have already funded a trip to Europe, and Lamont says that’s just the beginning. “I’ve got the money to do these things now,” he says. “Before I started driving, I never would’ve been in that position.”
Seattle is home for this world traveler, and he’s full of recommendations. If you’re in the PNW this summer, don’t miss his favorite things to do:
- Find a friend with a boat! Seattle summer days are best spent out on the water.
- Grab a bite at the waterfront of Lake Washington. Daniel’s Broiler is a great date spot, and Ivar’s is an iconic standby for any occasion.
- Bring a blanket and head to Fremont Outdoor Cinema, where you can watch old classics under the stars all summer long.
- Hit the mountains for some excellent hiking!
- Picnic at Green Lake and spend the afternoon lounging on the grass with a good book.
- Get the best of both worlds at Agua Verde Café & Paddle Club. Here you can feed your taste for adventure kayaking on Lake Union, and afterward relax at a waterfront patio with the best margaritas in town.
- Enjoy three days of tunes and art at Bumbershoot, a music festival in September. The occasion drives some of the biggest names in music to Seattle for the weekend.
- BYO s’mores and enjoy an evening with a bonfire at Golden Gardens, one of Seattle’s most scenic beaches.
- Head to Safeco Field for a Mariners game.
- Jump on a ferry and take a day trip to Bainbridge Island. Life moves a little slower here, so it’s a perfect escape from city life.